Cost of a Trip to Israel: The major cost is simply “getting there”. Therefore, we believe it makes sense to spend as much time in Israel as possible once you have paid the airfare to fly there.
When to Buy Airline Tickets Online: http://farecompare.com
Best Time to Shop for Airfare: Tuesday afternoons around 3 P.M. Eastern time
Best Time to Fly: Wednesday is the cheapest day to fly. Also cheap: Tuesday and Saturday.
Passports & Visas: All tourists must hold a passport that will not expire for at least six months from the date they enter the country. A visa is valid for up to three months from the date of their arrival. For citizens of the following countries tourist visas are given at the airport:
Europe: Austria, Belgium, Cyprus, Denmark, Finland, Germany, Gibraltar, Great Britain, Greece, Hungary, Iceland, Ireland, Italy, Liechtenstein, Luxembourg, Malta, Monaco, Netherlands, Norway, Portugal, San Marino, Slovenia, Spain, Sweden, Switzerland
Asia & Oceania: Australia, Fiji Islands, Japan, Hong Kong, New Zealand, Philippines, South Korea
Africa: Central African Republic, Losoto, Malawi, Mauritius, South Africa, Swaziland
The Americas: Argentina, Barbados, Bolivia, Brazil, Canada, Chile, Colombia, Costa Rica, El Salvador, Ecuador, Guatemala, Haiti, Jamaica, Mexico, Panama, Paraguay, St. Kitts, & Nevis, Surinam, Trinidad, & Tobago, The Bahamas, The Dominican Republic, Uruguay, U.S.A.
Vaccinations: Visitors entering Israel are not required to undergo vaccinations prior to their arrival.
Insurance: You can purchase trip cancellation and/or medical insurance online prior to leaving the U.S.
Packing: Everyone packs too much for a trip to Israel. People take twice as much as needed.
Love Israel Tours Spring and Summer Packing List
1. Pack as little as possible. Travel light. It will make your trip easier and more enjoyable, especially when transferring from place to place (airport, hotels, buses, etc).
2. Remember that the weather is hot and dry in this season. Bring lightweight clothes (e.g. cotton), some that can be washed out by hand and hung out to dry overnight. Also, bring small bottle of liquid soap for washing clothing.
3. For weekdays, clothing should be comfortable and casual, but modest. This is because of the many holy sites that we will be visiting. For Shabbat, at least 1 or 2 “nice” causal outfits.
4. Shoes for touring should be comfortable and good for walking. Sneakers are recommended and many people are happy and cool in sandals. White, cotton socks are functional. You might like to keep a pair of socks in your backpack.
5. At night you may need a sweater, windbreaker or jacket. It is also good to keep this in your backpack which may be left on the bus when you tour the sites.
6. A pouch, worn at the waist, or slung across your chest, is the best way to carry your cash, ATM card, credit cards, passport, etc. These items should be on you at all times when you travel. Some people prefer a many-pocketed vest.
7. Wear a cotton hat with a brim at all times while outdoors.
8. Use sunscreen.
9. Bring a camera (waterproof if possible).
10. Don’t forget any medications you need, plus any basic cosmetics, creams and first-aid items you use (e.g. Band-aids, Tums, individual packs of tissues or wet wipes). A sewing kit might also be helpful. A flashlight and Zip-lock bags are also useful at times. Don’t forget to carry these in your backpack.
11. Bring the bathing gear that you use and a towel. Put some plastic bags in your backpack for wet items.
12. Miscellaneous items – universal power adaptor for recharging electronic equipment, a yarmulke (kipah), for men.
Love Israel Tours Fall and Winter Packing List
Follow the above list but add warmer clothing
Remember during this season the weather is very changeable, it could be hot and dry or it could be cold and rainy. Pack accordingly.
We hope that these suggestions will help you with your planning and packing. We hope to see you soon. Wishing you a wonderful and safe vacation in Israel!
Phone: Renting a cell phone is the easiest and most cost-effective way to make calls. We recommend: www.israelphones.com/loveisraeltours.htm
Weather: To see the current weather in Israel visit this link: www.accuweather.com